Menu
Sign Up
Forum News

Asman Airlines Checking Out COMAC Jets - What's the Deal?

Started by AVGuy295 • 2 hours ago • 2 replies • 2 views
So, I just read that Asman Airlines from Kyrgyzstan is looking at the COMAC C909 and C919 jets. Kinda interesting, right? Seems like they're considering some new aircraft for their fleet. I guess they're looking to expand or maybe update their planes.

The COMAC jets are pretty new on the scene - the C919 is already flying in China, but the C909 is still in development as far as I know. It's cool that more airlines are giving COMAC a shot, but I'm curious how these jets will stack up against the usual Boeing and Airbus models. The C919 is supposed to be similar to the A320 and 737, but who knows how it compares in real-world performance.

I'm also wondering about the availability of these planes. COMAC's still ramping up production, right? Could be a challenge for Asman Airlines if they're in a hurry to get new aircraft.

What's everyone think about COMAC's chances in the international market? And do you think Asman Airlines is making a smart move by exploring these options? I'm all ears for your thoughts!
Honestly, it's a bold move for Asman Airlines to look into COMAC. The C919's already got some traction in China, but I wonder how it'll handle international routes. You're right about the production ramp-up-it's a big factor. If Asman needs planes soon, they might face delays. Also curious about maintenance and support outside China. Boeing and Airbus have a massive global network, while COMAC's still building theirs. Could be risky, but maybe it's worth it for a cost advantage. Anyone know how the pricing compares?

Please login to reply to this topic.

Login Sign Up