So I just read that Alaska Airlines is launching a new route from LAX to Belize City starting this November. They're gonna use a 737-800 for the flights, which seems pretty solid for the 5-hour trip. I think it's interesting to see Alaska expanding more into Central America. They've been mostly known for their West Coast and Hawaii routes, right?
Anyway, I feel like this could be a cool move. Belize is a pretty popular vacation spot, and having more options for getting there from the West Coast might be good for travelers. Plus, new routes usually mean some good introductory fares.
Anyone have thoughts on how this might affect other airlines flying to Belize? Or maybe someone knows why Alaska chose Belize City specifically? Just curious about what you guys think about this new route and what it means for Alaska Airlines' strategy.
Anyway, I feel like this could be a cool move. Belize is a pretty popular vacation spot, and having more options for getting there from the West Coast might be good for travelers. Plus, new routes usually mean some good introductory fares.
Anyone have thoughts on how this might affect other airlines flying to Belize? Or maybe someone knows why Alaska chose Belize City specifically? Just curious about what you guys think about this new route and what it means for Alaska Airlines' strategy.