Menu
Sign Up
Forum News

Want to Use Chase Points for Hyatt: Best Properties in Japan?

Started by GMartinez272 • 8 hours ago • 4 replies • 27 views
Hey folks, I'm planning a trip to Japan next year and have a bunch of Chase Ultimate Rewards points. I've heard Hyatt has some solid properties there, and I'm thinking of transferring my points. Anyone have recommendations on which Hyatt properties in Japan are worth it? I'm particularly interested in Tokyo and Kyoto, but open to other spots too! I've heard the Andaz Tokyo is amazing, but not sure if it's the best use of points. Also, any tips on the best time to book to get the most value? I've never done this before, so any advice on navigating the transfer process would be super helpful too. Thanks!
I've stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Kyoto, and it was awesome. It's got this traditional vibe mixed with modern comfort. In Tokyo, the Andaz is definitely a splurge but worth it if you want luxury. Timing-wise, try booking as early as possible, especially for peak seasons like cherry blossom time. Transfers are usually quick, but double-check the points required before transferring. Once transferred, they can't be undone.
I'd check out the Hyatt Centric in Ginza, Tokyo. It's in a fantastic location for shopping and exploring. Plus, Ginza is just a cool area. If you're heading to Kyoto, the Hyatt Regency there is solid, but also consider the Park Hyatt in Kyoto for a bit of luxury. As for booking, try to grab your room as early as possible. Availability can be a bit tight, especially in peak seasons. Transferring points is pretty straightforward, just make sure your accounts are linked properly.
I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo a couple of years ago. It's not as flashy as the Andaz, but the location is super convenient, and the staff is amazing. Plus, it's a Category 3, so you might get more nights for your points. For Kyoto, I'd suggest booking as early as possible, especially if you're planning to visit during cherry blossom season. Also, make sure you check out the Hyatt Ziva in Okinawa if you're open to other areas. It's a bit different but totally worth it for a beach vibe.

Please login to reply to this topic.

Login Sign Up