Menu
Sign Up
Forum News

Spotting at JFK - Best Focal Length for Taxiway Shots?

Started by Frank1991 • 2 hours ago • 1 replies • 11 views
Hey folks, I've been spending some time spotting at JFK recently and I'm trying to nail down the best focal length for getting those crisp taxiway shots. I'm using a Canon DSLR and currently have a 70-200mm lens. I feel like it's decent, but sometimes I struggle with aircraft that are further away and end up cropping a lot in post.

I've been thinking about upgrading to something with a bit more reach, maybe a 100-400mm. Anyone here have experience with that lens or something similar at JFK? Are there any specific spots around the airport where a longer focal length really makes a difference?

Also, any tips on settings would be awesome - I usually shoot in Aperture Priority mode, but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Please login to reply to this topic.

Login Sign Up